A Bee Under the Sea


Honestly, I can't believe I am still alive after this project. This mermaid was a total challenge, from her hair to her tail, she had me plucking my hairs off when drawing. I wish I could go into detail about every single body part I drew, but I'd be stuck here all day. The hardest part though was her tail because I wanted it to at least have a little motion and not look completely static. The scales and gradient color add the perfect amount of fun and detail to catch the audiences eye. My favorite part when drawing her was the face since I got to play around with shades and feel like a makeup artist when experimenting with brushes and gradients. I completely LOVED being able to let my imagination fly and create such a unique creature like this bee mermaid. 

Comments